What Personal Information is Collected?
Information you provide to us:
– Account Information: To create an account for the Services or to enable certain features, we require that you provide us with information for your account such as name, email, password, and authentication credentials. If you sign up for a paid subscription, we (or our payment processors) may need your billing details such as credit card information, banking information, and billing address.
– Video and Other Customer Data: In using our Services, our customers submit or upload video recordings, seek user support, or provide other Customer Data (defined in our Terms of Service) to us. Our use of and processing of Customer Data is governed by our Terms of Service.
– Other Information You Provide: We receive other information from you when you choose to interact with us in other ways, such as if you ask for support or maintenance, send us emails, respond to our surveys or e-mails, engage in chat sessions with us, sign up for one of our webinars or e-books, contest, sweepstake, or sign up for one of our events, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information collected automatically:
– Usage Data: We automatically collect usage data about how you interact with our Services when you use them. For example, this could be actions you take on our platform, such as number of videos you’ve recorded or viewed, your sharing activity, or what third-party integrations you enabled.
– Log Data: Our servers automatically log certain types of data when you visit or use our Services, for example, when you navigate through our website. This data is stored in our log files and includes, Internet Protocol (IP) address, type of device, operating system or browser, unique device identifiers, browser settings, date and time you visited or used our Services, the referring website, URL parameters, and error and crash reporting data.
Information received from Third Parties:
– Marketing Information: We may receive marketing or demographic information about you from third parties or partners, for example, data about your organization or industry or other public information from sources like social media or online professional profiles.
How is Your Personal Information Used?
We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
– To provide and maintain our Services.
– To analyze and improve our Services.
– To keep our Services secure and protect against fraud, abuse, and intrusion. – To provide user support, information, and other related services requested by you. – To send you important account or security notifications.
– To promote our Services and other products from us in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If you’d like to unsubscribe from our marketing emails, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. You can also update your notification preferences in your account settings.
– To comply with our legal obligations, including responding to a court order or other valid legal process.
– For other purposes with your consent.
If your Personal Information is aggregated or de-identified so that it can no longer be reasonably associated with an identifiable person, we may use it for any lawful purpose.
How is Your Information Shared?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as described below:
– Trusted Third Parties: We disclose information to our service providers or other third-parties who need access to your Personal Information so they can help us provide our Services and run our business. Examples include for storing and processing Customer Data, payment processing, providing customer service, and helping us with our marketing activities. We will only disclose the Personal Information necessary for these third parties to provide their services for us, and they’ll be bound by contractual obligations to treat the Personal Information we provide as confidential and only use it to provide the services we requested.
– Other Users: When you collaborate with others, we display your basic account or profile information for context. For example, if you share a ScreenSight recording with another user, we’ll let them know that it was you who shared it. Also, when users interact with a video or other content on our Services, we make certain usage information visible to the video owner and viewers, such as who viewed a video (if the viewer is logged in at the time of viewing) or how many times a video was viewed.
– Administrators: If you sign up for our Services with an email domain that is owned or managed by your employer or organization, we may share the fact that you have an account with us and some basic account information with your employer or organization.
– Change in Business Structure: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, public offering, asset sale, insolvency, bankruptcy, or similar change in our business structure, we may need to disclose your Personal Information to those involved in the transaction, subject to confidentiality requirements.
– For Legal Reasons: We may release your Personal Information if we reasonably believe it is necessary to comply with laws, regulations, valid legal processes, enforceable government requests, to prevent fraud or a security breach, enforce our policies or agreements, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
– With Your Consent: We may otherwise share your Personal Information only with your consent. For example, if you choose to enable a third-party integration, we may share account information and/or content from your account, but only as authorized by you when you enable or use the integration, and whose separate privacy policies may apply to that data.
How is Your Information Protected?
Taking into account the state of the art, the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing your Personal Data, as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your Personal Data. The security practices we implement to keep your Personal Information secure, include without limitation, encryption, access controls, physical security measures, and internal reviews of data collection, use, and storage. We’ve also obtained various compliance certifications and undergo ongoing audits to ensure continued security and compliance best practices.
However, data transmissions over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure or safe from intrusion by others. Be sure to use secure internet connections, protect your login credentials, and create strong passwords for your account.
How Do We Retain Your Persona Information?
We retain your Personal Information in our regular business records while you are a customer or subscriber of our Services. We may also retain this information for a period of time after you are
no longer a customer or subscriber if the information is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to satisfy legal requirements.
What are Your Rights?
When it comes to your Personal Information, you have the right to (subject to certain exemptions by law):
– Access your Personal Information.
– Delete your Personal Information.
– Correct or update your Personal Information.
– Transmit your Personal Information elsewhere.
– Object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
You can exercise most of these rights through your ScreenSight account. For example, if you wish to delete your Personal Information from ScreenSight, you may permanently delete your account. You can also access and update your account information via your account settings page. If you are unable to exercise your rights through your ScreenSight account, please
contact the administrator of the account in which you are participating, or otherwise you can send us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the age requirement to use ScreenSight?
For California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants additional privacy rights to California consumers, such as the right to:
– Request to know about the categories or specific pieces of their Personal Information we collect, use, and disclose (including why we collect the information, where we get it from, and who we share it with).
– Request to delete their Personal Information.
– Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercise of their CCPA privacy rights.
If you send us a request, we will first validate your request by verifying your identity using your account information or other form of valid identification. An authorized agent may also make a request on a consumer’s behalf. Please note that, if you use our Services as an employee or agent of a business, we may not be required to grant your request to access/know or delete Personal Information, and we may ask that you contact your account administrator.
CCPA also requires specific disclosures for California consumers:
We explain the categories of Personal Information we have collected in the preceding 12 months and sources of that information above under “What Personal Information is Collected.”
– We explain the business or commercial purposes for collecting Personal Information above under “How Is Your Personal Information Used.”
– We explain the categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to third parties in the preceding 12 months above under “How is Your Personal Information Shared.”
We do not sell your Personal Information.
Last Modified: October 27, 2022.